Things to do & places to go…
For the fresh water fishing enthusiast the rivers and streams in South Canterbury abound with trout and salmon. On our farmlets back boundary is the Waihi River, so you can climb over the style and cast your fly. For the winter skier we are situated within easy driving distance of several ski fields.
There are many places you can go mountain biking, hiking, kayaking and much more. Visit the local I-Site for more information.
- Discover all about Temuka’s history at the local museum.
- The museum is housed in the former court house which opened in 1901.
- Temuka pottery is well known in NZ. The Temuka pottery shop is a great place to purchase that special gift.
- Play a round of golf on the local 18 hole golf course. This is a picturesque course with excellent greens and well-watered fairways.
- Temuka’s domain is a tranquil place to spend some time, surrounded by many beautiful trees.
- Our bed and breakfast is located close Timaru.